Does GitProtect.io compress my data?
GitProtect uses compression on each backup plan by default. You can manage compression settings within a plan by selecting the algorithm, compression level and whether you want to actually use compression or not.
Compression algorithms to choose:
- LZ4 - Lossless streaming compression algorithm that is focused on fast compression and even faster decompression speed. It ensures fast backup compression with a reasonable ratio.
- ZStandard - a real-time lossless data compression algorithm that provides a high compression ratio. It offers a very wide range of speed/compression trade-offs and is backed by an extremely fast decoder
In addition, you can choose one of three backup compression levels:
- Low - faster backup but it takes more space on storage
- Medium - the most optimal data compression level - a compromise between the time of the compression process performance, and the size of the data that will be saved in the storage
- High - the compression process may take longer, however, it reduces the backup size and saves storage space